Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yesterday my sheet music for Yes's album Fragile came in the mail. I ordered it for the song "Mood for a Day" as I hope to perform it (along with "Clap," also by Yes, or "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin) for the Berklee audition. Right now the whole experience terrifies me.

I also completed my writing of two songs, both being folky guitar-and-harmonica arrangements that I might try to record soon or tape for youtube. I really hope to get together 7 songs or so I've written and make an "album" to send to people. I'm trying to collaborate with a keyboardist/bassist friend who I've known since early grade school to put all of my ideas into real recordings. Summer, you cannot come fast enough.

In other news, I was very recently introduced to a musician named Sufjan Stevens. His song "Chicago" is equally as awesome as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment