Tuesday, March 30, 2010



That problem that automatically redirects this page to that ad website is fixed. Apparently it was rooted in a realtime counter gadget I was using. I had to manually remove the HTML for it because whoever designed it made it so that it couldn't be removed through the dashboard thing. Ha.

Belmont was awesome. I got a good taste of what their songwriting and music business majors entailed and I'm pretty sure the only other college that has as good of a music program is Berklee. I got a pretty detailed tour of the on-campus recording studios (probably the highlight of the visit for me), during which I got to watch a recording session of this Dylan-esque student who's performance really consisted of only him, a harmonica, and his guitar. I also really loved the atmosphere of the campus; every hundred feet or so was someone sitting in the grass playing an acoustic guitar. The atmosphere of Nashville itself was really something. I will always have a burning hatred for country music, but being able to be in an area that held music of such high esteem is comforting. Every single house I drove by had had the basement converted into a commercial recording studio, publishing company, or record label headquarters.

After the college visit my dad and I took a tour of the Ocean Way Recording studio and the RCA Studio B studio. It was almost surreal, being able to stand in the same room where legends like Elvis and Chet Atkins recorded almost half of their catalogs. I was even let play ("quickly touch" would be a better way of describing it) Elvis' favorite piano. I'm not much of an Elvis fan, but I know well of the extent of influence that piano may have taken part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment