Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Study Hall

[Written during study hall]

Right now I should be studying for history or something. Did you know that Oliver Hudson Kelly was the guy who created the Patrons of Husbandry, an educational organization for farmers, more commonly known as Grange? I didn't care either. I instead listen to my new Jeffrey Lewis and Where The Wild Things Are CDs and let my mind drift to more important things: Worried Shoes. The Man With the Golden Arms. What will my guitar teacher teach to me tonight? Nazi Zombies. What notes make up the A Dorian scale? Yesterday I made this awesome beat on my drum machine (it's very similar to Radiohead's There There beat) that would go perfectly with this other riff I've been working on. Maybe tonight, seeing I won't have any homework, I'll try to get some tracks completed. Also, I found some contacts I might send some demos to. Olive Juice Records, a record label, and Steaming Hot Coffee, a proprietorship music managing company, are both very small and independent companies that deal very exclusively with independent artists and mostly the antifolk genre. I won't get my hopes up, seeing that I'm just some starry-eyed seventeen year old kid, but maybe this summer I'll try to get a demo together and send it in. I don't have anything to lose. I'll do it for the lulz. I just need to work on my voice more, something I've been trying to do since summer or so. Why can't we all have great Robert Plant or John Lennon voices? Hell, give me Bob Dylan. I shan't be picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment