Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Great Guitar Adventure: Disassembly


Yesterday I posted that I plan to "remake" my Squire into a better and unique guitar of my very own. I have recently taken the first steps: disassembly. I've completely taken it apart. The neck, bridge and pickguard have all been taken off. The wiring has been left in with the intention of removing it once I get some proper materials to desolder all the parts that are holding it all in place. I put all of the screws and small pieces into labeled plastic cups, as shown in the photos. I also made some videos with my phone of me taking specific parts apart so I have a reference of how everything goes together after the body is painted and I attach everything back together. The next step is to completely strip the body of its paint, though how that will happen I'm not completely sure of. I'll either strip it chemically or sand it down. Maybe even both.

Anyway, here are the photos of post-disassembly:





No comments:

Post a Comment