Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm working on another song. It's very heavily inspired by Devendra Banhart's "Lover." I have no idea how it's exactly going to end up or what I'm going to call it, but I might show it to some friends and see what they think. I might be able to record the entire thing on my own in my little studio; all I need to do is borrow a tambourine and a my friend's bass. I'm always so dissatisfied with my lyrics. Everything comes out looking so amateurish to me. Sometimes I wonder if I should just leave songwriting for when I get to college and on, and just focus on developing my technique for now. It amazes me how obscure and spontaneous people like Devendra Banhart can be with their lyrics while keeping such a perfect flow.

I've been a-waiting here
For another day or year
For when I won't need to say
That I know who I am, and that's ok

And I know that I don't cost too much
And with everything I see I think I think too much
I think I think I think and then It's always the same
Another day is lost, and that's ok

Hold on, and show yourself
I want to see you smile and nothing else

There's no question. I am going to get this bass soon. It seems absolutely perfect. Danelectros have always looked so odd and awesome to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment