Friday, June 11, 2010

Last night I went through and wrote down all of the upcoming albums that look promising.
June 15
We Are Scientists- Barbara
June 29
STS9- Love King
July 13
Sting- Symphonicity
August 3
Arcade Fire- The Suburbs
August 24
Eels- Tomorrow Morning

TBA
Belle & Sebastian
Fleet Foxes
REM
Rush
The Shins
U2
Neil Young

More than anything, I'm most anxious for the Eels and Arcade Fire albums. I admit it, I'm a sucker for anything Indie. Maybe I'll give them a listen and review them once they come out.

Something that caught my eye in the TBA section was the arrival of the upcoming Rush album. I have been extremely disappointed with their recent releases. For some absurd reason, the trio has decided to move away from their trademark originality of 10-15 minute epics like "Xanadu" and "2112," the Alex Lifeson-style riffs and unorthodox solos, and the instrumental expressions of technical perfection as in "YYZ" for more radio-friendly 5 minute productions of "Working Them Angels" and "Far Cry."

Seriously, this to this? What are you thinking, Geddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment